The deadline for submission to the RNArt conference has been extended to July 22nd 2019!
An exciting new addition to TREnD this year is RNArt. RNArt is an RNA biology-focused art contest open to everyone who registers for TREnD. Eligible entries range from immunofluorescence microscopy to artistic interpretations of data. RNArt entries should adhere to print display (as opposed to sculpture, mixed media, etc.), due to the fact that the winning entry will be displayed will be displayed on the walls of MaRS2, 15th floor, where TREnD is headquartered. Eligible entries will be displayed in smaller format at TREnD, and those in attendance will vote for their favourite entry.
This contest is sponsored by BioRender, who will support the high resolution large format printing of the winning selection for display. The winning image and other entries may also be posted on the trendrna.com website or used in other TREnD promotional material. Entries may be received from May 1 onward, and the deadline for submission is July 22. Full details are found below, along with a link to the required permission form.
RNArt Submission Guidelines
A maximum of two entries per person will be allowed. A separate signed entry form must accompany each entry.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY:
The 2019 TREnD RNArt contest opens on May 1, 2019. The deadline for submitting contest entries is July 22, 2019.
DIGITAL FILE REQUIREMENTS:
- File names must reference both artist and title of artwork. (LastnameFirstname_title.filetype)
- Files to be supplied as flattened TIFFs, PSD (Photoshop), AI (Adobe Illustrator) or uncompressed JPG;
- High resolution required: suggested file size is between 12MB and 30MB;
- The image will be sized to fit a 1:1, 4:3 or 4:5 ratio;
- Must be uploaded via Google Drive or Dropbox (see instructions below).
HOW TO ENTER:
Your entries (maximum of 2 per person) must be sent via digital upload by July 22 2019. Each entry must be accompanied by a signed entry form to be entered into the contest.
Option 1: Digital Upload
As files are too large for email, please upload your entries via Google Drive or DropBox and share with Lauren and Amanda at email@example.com.
Google Drive sharing instructions:
- Visit http://drive.google.com/
- Log in or create a Google account
- Upload your artwork and signed Entry Form
- Select both the artwork and Entry Form, click the “More” drop-down list, and click “Share… “
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org as editors
- Click “Done”
DropBox sharing instructions:
- Log in or create a DropBox account at https://www.dropbox.com/
- Upload your artwork and Entry Form to a new folder, right click the folder to bring up a menu. Click either “invite to Folder” or “Share this Folder.”
- Enter the email addresses trendRNA@gmail.com
- Click “Share Folder”
PUBLICATION AND OWNERSHIP:
The winning image will be printed and hung in the MaRS building and posted to the trendrna.com website. Other entries may be posted to the trendrna.com website. Photographers retain copyright on any image they submit to the contest. TREnD reserves the irrevocable, non-exclusive right to use the winning images in its abstract booklets (including covers) and electronic medias as well as in future promotional material related to TREnD, including social-media platforms, promotional events, and advertising material. All photos will be credited to the photographer.
DOWNLOAD PERMISSION FORM HERE.